Finance & Accounting
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Who are we?
The Accounting and Finance office is responsible for providing accurate, timely and useful financial information and services to the elected officials and management of Las Animas County, as well as the public, in order to ensure responsible and efficient delivery of county government services to the citizens. The office follows directives set forth by the Board of County Commissioners, the Local Government Budget Law of Colorado, Government Accounting Standards Board, and other mandates as necessary.
Responsibilities and Services:
- Preparing and implementing the county’s annual budget
- Providing regular financial reports to various county departments and elected officials
- Processing payment to all vendors doing business with the county in a timely manner
- Maintaining the general ledger and all financial records
- Providing accurate financial data to external auditors
- Analyzing all revenues and expenditures to detect any areas of concern
- Determining appropriate county mill levy in order to be in compliance with TaBOR and other laws
- Collecting all mill levies from taxing entities throughout the county for certification